Also plans and adventures, goals and aspirations. And hopes. Lots of hopes.
1. Finish all my course requirements for the Laboratory Science program.
2. Read more books.
3. Start doing yoga.
4. Drink more water.
5. Wean myself off caffeine (quit drinking coffee…0_0)
6. Develop a better journaling practice.
7a. Write more…like seriously…not every day but write more.
7b. Write 1 poem and 1 short story every week.
7c. Send out at least 1 magazine submission each month.
7d. Self-Publish 3 things. Hopefully all Slaughter Chronicles related.
8. Be more active on this blog. I pay for it, I might as well use it.
9. More positivity, less self-deprecation.
10. More hope and serenity, less drama and anxiety.
11. Pay off my car.
12. Exercise more.
13a. Be a better birder.
13b. Go out walking more so I can see more birds.
14. Have an amazing vacation with Mr. J.
15. Develop a consistent cleanup routine (aka do chores on time).
16. Wake up on time every day (do not hit the snooze button 10 times).
17. Be kinder to myself.
18. Cultivate better study habits.
So…most of my resolutions are either goals or me working on being MORE of something. More fit, more calm, etc. On the other side of that there are the lesses: I want to be less clingy and anxious, less angry and resentful, less lazy. But want are all these things going to do for me?
Will waking up at 6am every day make me a better person?
Being nice will. Taking care of myself will.
Some of these things are extremely superficial and self-serving. I don’t want to do yoga to be healthy, I want to do yoga to lose weight (yes, I am fickle and vane).
I don’t want to do new things, get new hobbies, I want to work on the things I’ve already started. I want to finish a novel and publish it. I want to be in all the magazines and win writing awards again. I want to have a “better” writing life.